11 The Parks, Newton-Le-Willows, WA12 0JQ
Important Information: Our response to Coronavirus Covid-19 Find out more
Toggle Bar

Accidents on the Road

Detailed information on how to claim for an Accident on the Road and the types of compensation available.

If you have been injured in a road traffic accident (RTA) which was not wholly your fault then you are entitled to claim compensation.

At Michael W Halsall Solicitors, we understand that being involved in an RTA is a traumatic experience and can leave you with injuries ranging from mild bruising or whiplash to serious, life-altering head or spinal injuries.

We are dedicated to ensuring that every client receives the appropriate level of care and the maximum compensation they are entitled to as quickly as possible. Our specialist road traffic accident solicitors will act for you on a 'No win No fee' basis (in the majority of claims) and ensure that you receive maximum compensation. We will work quickly and sensitively to ensure that your claim is handled with the minimum amount of stress to you.

However serious your injuries are we have the experience needed to help you with your claim. Our entire team work exclusively on personal injury compensation claims so we understand the issues that may affect you and your loved ones following your accident.

We will talk to you about your injuries and offer expert advice not only about how much compensation you can expect to receive, but also in relation to rehabilitation and any on-going symptoms that you may have. Should you require physiotherapy or another form of rehabilitative treatment then our experienced solicitors will be able to advise you on the most appropriate course of action. Our proactive approach to claims handling means we may be able to arrange treatment at an early stage in the claims process and recover the full cost from the insurers of the person responsible for your accident.

We have helped tens of thousands of clients to claim compensation after a range of road accidents, including:

  • Claims for whiplash
  • Head, brain and spinal injury claims
  • Accidents involving uninsured drivers and hit and run drivers
  • Accidents involving children
  • Public transport accidents (including buses, trams and taxis)
  • Motorcycling accidents
  • Cycling accidents


If your vehicle was damaged in an accident which was someone else's fault then we can arrange examination of the damage by a qualified motor engineer. This will usually occur within twenty four hours. If your vehicle is repairable we can arrange for repairs to be undertaken on your behalf and recover the full cost of the repairs from the insurers of the motorist who caused the accident. If your vehicle is damaged beyond economic repair we can recover the full pre-accident value on your behalf.


If the accident has left you without transport then you may be entitled to a temporary replacement vehicle. One of our legal team will be able to advise you on the most appropriate course of action and arrange for a hire vehicle to be delivered to you. The cost of the hire vehicle forms part of your claim and we will recover this for you, from the other party's insurers


Many people are unaware that following an accident that was not their fault they are entitled to claim for any loss of earnings they may have suffered. We would calculate these for you, and seek to recover them as part of your claim.


Other examples of financial losses that you are entitled to claim for are:

  • Insurance excess
  • Medical / Rehabilitation expenses
  • Prescription charges
  • Travel costs
  • Telephone calls / Postage charges
  • The cost of any associated care
  • Damage to property / clothing

We will ensure that your compensation claim is dealt with to the highest standard, on a 'no win no fee' basis (in the majority of claims), and that you receive maximum compensation.