A high volume of surgery is performed every day within the NHS and private medical sector. With such volume, inevitably mistakes are made on occasions by the Surgeons.
They can include:
- Operating on the wrong site
- Causing unnecessary damage to organs, nerves, muscles or body tissue
- Leaving foreign objects within the surgery site
- Failing to effectively stitch/dress a surgical incision
- Failing to properly warn of associated surgical risks
Sometimes, surgical errors do not come to light until many months or years after surgery has taken place. However, that delay is not a bar to a successful claim.
If you think you or a family member may have suffered as a consequence of negligent surgery, call on 01942 402487 for a free and no-obligation consultation, or complete and email our medical negligence enquiry form.