11 The Parks, Newton-Le-Willows, WA12 0JQ
Important Information: Our response to Coronavirus Covid-19 Find out more
Toggle Bar

Slips & Trips

Detailed information on how to claim for Slips & Trips.

A significant percentage of slips and trips involve serious injuries and therefore serious consequences for the victims. Even more trivial slips and trips can cause painful injuries.

Michael W Halsall Solicitors has a specialist team of personal injury solicitors who deal with all types of slip and trip compensation claims.

Slip and trip accidents can occur anywhere from the workplace, hospitals, schools or playgrounds to sports centres, restaurants, pavements or roads. Examples of 'slip and trip' injury claims and compensation successfully pursued by Michael W Halsall Solicitors include

  • Injuries suffered in sports centres, as a result of wet floors or faulty equipment
  • Slips or trips in a supermarket
  • Injuries to tenants, caused by defective premises
  • Injuries caused by slipping on wet floors
  • Injuries to children in playgrounds

The slip and trip claims process

Each slip, trip or fall claim is very different. A straightforward claim can be settled in a matter of months whilst others can take a number of years. Many claims for slip and trip accidents are settled out of court; however, some claims need to progress to a hearing. This is why it is vital to instruct a solicitor who has the knowledge and experience to understand the complexities involved in order to ensure your cliam is successful and you receive the maximum compensation when your claim is concluded.

At Michael W Halsall Solicitors our expert team offers the highest level of legal expertise and will advise you on and handle the procedures you need to follow when making an accident claim. We understand the process in detail and will obtain as much evidence as possible to substantiate your claim and also to identify any long-term effects that may need to be considered. Our experience means that we can make the claim as straightforward and stress free for you as possible.

In what circumstances can I claim compensation after a slip, trip or fall?

Slip and Trip Example 1

If you slip on a pool of water inside a building open to the public such as a bank, a supermarket or a restaurant and injure yourself, then you can bring a personal injury compensation claim against the occupier's public liability insurance policy.

Slips & Trip Example 2

If your accident was in a council owned area such as a public footpath or a council house rented out to a member of the public, then you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim against the local authority if the accident was due to their negligence. For example, you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim if you tripped and injured yourself on a badly maintained footpath.

Slip & Trip Example 3

If your accident was on private property such as a house or piece of land privately owned by an individual, you would be able to make a personal injury compensation claim providing the accident was the fault of the land owner or occupier and they had suitable insurance in force or the means to pay personally.

Slip & Trip Example 4

If you tripped on a cable trailing along the floor in your office at work and injured yourself, you would be able to make a personal injury compensation claim against your employer.

If you are unsure as to whether you have a valid slip, trip or fall compensation claim, contact us immediately for free legal advice and guidance on how best to proceed.

We will ensure that your compensation claim is dealt with to the highest standard, on a 'no win no fee' basis (in the majority of claims), and that you receive maximum compensation.